Saturday, March 24, 2012

Best In Show

Hello internets!

It's been a while hasn't it? I've been so busy running and sniffing and eating lamb and sleeping and exploring and sleeping and eating chicken and peeing and eating 'roo' and gardening and eating cow that I've been letting Opaka keep you updated on all our adventures.

'Cept for today!

Today started off cold. Very cold. It was even colder because the guy with the hot breath that lives in the roof doesn't seem to want to help us get warm at the moment so my Humans found another way to make sure we didn't turn into ice cubes: A sun in a box!

(We love the sun in a box.)

After a while of super-warm-zzz's our Humans came along with our going out gear and off we went in Echo for a drive. I love Echo - he has special little baskets for us to sit in so we can look out at things as they go whizzing by.

We arrived at a huge place *PACKED* full of pugs! Big pugs, small pugs, black pugs, white pugs, fat pugs, skinny pugs - pugs pugs pugs pugs!


We were in for another surprise, Miss Joanna and Rikki were also there with a bunch of pugs from Pug Rescue & Adoption Victoria. (The wonderful people who saved us from the place of The Yard.)

I nearly wagged my curly tail right off! Even my bro Toby was there!

I met a tonne of other pugs who are also looking for a Home, and one little lady called Cookie (who kinda looks a bit like Opaka did before she got better) with not very much fur thanks to those demodex bitey things and not enough love where she was before.

Cookie having a snuggle with Miss Joanna.

Opaka and I got some awesome cuddles from Rikki and I got to sniff butts with Toby and the rest of the gang.


It turns out that this place was actually an event to show pugs off that people think are extra special because they stand funny (like Opaka does when the grass is wet so she pees standing up) and are a bit fat.

My Guy said that I don't need to stand funny to be special and that he thinks Opaka and I are extra special perfect without having to have a choker chain put around our necks and made to walk in a circle. He also said that he likes us being able to run around and have lots of energy because we're healthy.

We did get to walk around the circle at the end of the day with our Humans and all the rest of our rescue crowd to help raise awareness for all the puggies still waiting to find a Home, and we got lots of claps going around by the people in suits with numbers tied to their arms.

The Loud Lady talked about some of the places these other pugs had been, places like a 'puppy farm' where they'd eaten rocks just to try and stop their tummy feeling so empty, or had never seen the sunlight with chains welded around their necks with 400 other pugs before being found.

I'm glad they all had couches to go home to like we do now.

We even got a shiny circle of metal once we'd walked around (our Humans had to wear it for us, it wasn't pug-sized) and stood in a big row with all of our other puggy brothers and sisters while the suity humans kept clapping for us.


We're very lucky now to be able to have a sun in a box and a couch to enjoy it from, but today really made me remember there are still so many of us out there with no couch to call their own, even when it's so very cold outside.

My Guy said we were all 'Best In Show' and looking down that line I think he is absolutely right. I gave him a big cuddle and lots of licks all the way home.

We recycled pugs really have a lot of love to give!

10 comments:

  1. Kai, what a great post! Your pug-rents are very good people!

    Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kai!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful day. So nice that you got to be featured along with the pugs who stand funny! You are right, there still are so many with out couches. My couch is nice and big, I am going to tell mom to fill it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kai, every puggy (and other dogs too) deserves a couch to sleep on and lots of good food in their bellies. I lived for the first year of my life in a cold shed and I know some other pugs who lived in cages. I am very thankful that a rescue took me in and found my forever home.
    You are right, we recycled dogs have lots of love and only want to be given more love in return.
    Licks,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your post. This special place that you visited had so much love and shared awareness of puggies needing love and food, and couches to sit on.
    I am so happy that you got to go and to walk in the big circle with the rest.
    This story that you sharred has made me very happy
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone is right, this post was awesome! From the cool sun in a box to the fun day raising awareness of rescue pugs!
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super Pawsome!!! Mama wants to go to the event like that.... yes, recycled pugs can give so much.
    Thank you for sharing the story and the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we love love love today's post, especialy me (Pucia) and me (Zuzia) because we also found our mom trought m-jak-mops (p-like-pug) rescue, were our mom is volunteer. Lots of warm hugs to you PT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great post. I would never call you recycled, though. I would call you wonderful!

    Roxy & Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the wonderful day you had at the show. We hope that you met plenty of your pug friends. Love that you won some medals. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete