Friday, November 18, 2011

Solving problems with the couch


Things have been very different at our new home, and most of it I like. The bit that I'm confused about the humans call "stairs". The stairs are strange, they go up high and I can't understand why anyone would want to do that.

The reason I want to go up them is to follow my humans and Kai. They all go upstairs and then I'm alone. I don't like being alone. So I keep trying to go up, but I don't get far.

I decided I needed to spend time with my couch to come to terms with this. So I laid on the comfy cushions here at my new home and envisioned my couch until I felt very relaxed. Then I thought about going up the stairs, I saw myself conquering each step all the way to the top.

It took a few tries but today I did it, I got all the way to the top of the stairs. I was with my humans and Kai. It was a good day.

It's a shame I didn't envision myself going down the stairs as well, Miss Mel had to carry me down because they're even more scary from the top!

11 comments:

  1. lol, bless, Kimi and Rex took ages to get used to the stairs Freyja kinda just launched herself down them. I used to shut my eyes she hurtled down them so fast lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am with you. I learned how to go up and down the stairs, but it took me few weeks maybe a month to learn how. I could not even walk well when I got rescued to begin with. Your stairs look really scary. I only use stairs if carpeted, bare stairs like yours? No way, someone needs to carry me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your very brave! I would be scared to death of those stairs. The best Mom can get me to do is go up the three steps at the foot of the bed, but I do those really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your poor little paws probably slip and slide all over those stairs!!! I was visiting someplace, and they had stairs. I don't like stairs either. Mom was behind me and caught me when I fell. Haven't been back on them since. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stairs can indeed be very scary! You did a wonderful job going up the stairs and once you envision going down, taking time to do that on your couch, I know you'll conquer that, too! Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I can handle stairs no problem, but Lucky has a hard time going up them. She gets carried a lot. Sometimes she even gets carried down the stairs. It's okay, I think PlusOne, mom and dad really like doing it.

    Nice to meet you. Come visit!

    Roxy & Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi!
    thank you so much for saying hello today!

    it is so nice to meet you!

    xoxoxo
    melissa & archie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lucky that I don't have any of those in my house. I am looking forward to reading your blog.
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brutus has the same problem with stairs - they can be very scary! We are glad you are working on overcoming your fears!!

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Yoda, Brutus & Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi its me Tweedles!
    Thank you for coming by to say hi! I am so happy to have you for a new friend!
    I think you are so brave to go upstairs! I cannot wait to hear more about your braveness!
    And I am so happy someone carried you down stairs!
    Happy Thankgiving my new friend.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  11. We hard stairs like that in our old house. Mom and Dad made sure our new stairs got carpets on them. That makes it way easier. Of course being carried up and down them is the easiest way to navigate them!

    ReplyDelete